Watch the Institute for Government’s debate on outsourcing
- 7 May 2019
- Posted by: Helen Nicol
- Category: News
Late last month (30th April, to be precise), the institute for Government (IfG) hosted a debate titled “Is outsourcing working?” The panel was moderated by Emma Norris, IfG’s Director of Research, and featured the following notables:
- Sam Gyimah MP, former Minister of State for Universities and Science and Parliamentary Under Secretary of State for Prisons and Probation
- Chris Matheson MP, Labour Shadow Minister for the Cabinet Office
- Matthew Fell, UK Policy Director, Confederation of British Industry
- John Tizard, independent strategic advisor; former Director of Government and Business Engagement at Capita and joint leader of Bedfordshire County Council
- Katja Hall, Corporate Affairs Director, Capita
- Alan White, News Editor, BuzzFeed News, and author of Shadow State: Inside the Secret Companies that Run Britain.
If you’re wondering what conclusion the panel reached (and are unwilling to rely on Betteridge’s law of headlines, or to take a look at the sectoral tilt of the panel and take an educated guess), then you’re in luck: the whole debate can be watched on a well-known video streaming network (follow this link if you can’t see the video below). Or, if you’re more of a podcasts-while-walking-the-dog type, there’s an audio-only version on Soundcloud, too.