Power partnership: How councils can strengthen localism
- 8 October 2019
- Posted by: Helen Nicol
- Category: News
Locality, in partnership with Power to Change and Local Trust, worked with four local authorities to show how councils can drive forward a radical new localism agenda. Their report entitled Power Partnerships: how councils can strengthen localism, demonstrates how councils can shift power to communities via a six-step roadmap:
- Co-create the vision for localism with communities
- Match the ambition with internal organisational change
- Map community assets and governance capacity
- Invest directly in community infrastructure
- Embed the power partnership in community engagement and local governance
- Provide flexible funding for local social action.
In addition to the report, they have created four cases outlining the learning from each of the four areas taking part in the action research.
Power Partnerships: learning from Cornwall (PDF)
Power Partnerships: learning from Stevenage (PDF)
Power Partnerships: learning from Southwark (PDF)