The Smart Homes and Independent Living Commission has published its Call for Evidence
They are asking for evidence and perspectives on how technology acquired through the social care system and privately can help disabled and older people have greater control over their domestic lives.
Submissions from organisations and individuals with experience of independent living, and the social care, housing and technology sectors are welcome.
The call for evidence has five sections:
1. Local authority and Clinical Commissioning Group adult social care commissioning policies and practices;
2. Using the Disabled Facilities Grant to access technology;
3. Health and social care service delivery and workforce development;
4. The role of local and national government in shaping the market; and
5. Coproducing products and services with disabled and older people.
The deadline for submissions is Wednesday 20th October.