The In-Person National Commissioning Academy
We are delighted to announce the launch of a new national commissioning academy, hosted in Nottingham and launching December 2023. This is fully accredited by the PSTA (Public Service Transformation Academy) and delivered on behalf of the Cabinet Office and offer an excellent opportunity to transform outcomes for the communities we serve.
If you are looking for a commissioning academy but don’t want to work in person, why not check out the Virtual National Commissioning Academy – more details here.
Who should apply?
Participants will be:
- committed to making a difference in key areas
- keen to apply the latest thinking and approaches to realising outcomes – developing a whole system approach, applying trauma informed practices, developing person-centred support
- eager to apply the ideas, assets and energy of all parts of the system
- keen to learn from experts and other participants
- responsible for driving improvements in commissioning for outcomes
- able to take back practical input to your own OPCC challenges
Commissioning and systems transformation are inherently multi-disciplinary, and our approach to developing capability combines:
- Action – applying insight and tools to your priorities to bring learning to life, and make a difference
- Process – facilitation and coaching for experience sharing and collaborative learning
- Knowledge – stimulating insights and know-how on proven practices to spark new thinking
This ‘action learning’ approach, means we can support you to learn as we go – applying learning to the complex work you are undertaking to improve the lives of people in the communities you serve – developing people and processes in support of delivery.
The In-person National Commissioning Academy 2024 will feature in-person ‘anchor days’ hosted in Nottingham. It will also feature action learning, expert speaker webinars and access to our virtual learning environment. We know lots of people have a strong preference for face-to-face delivery and understand the value of this type of networking so will work hard t get the most out of the face-to-face events.
Dates may change and further dates may yet be announced, but the provisional schedule of anchor days is:
Virtual launch in December 2023.
Anchor days will be held on:
- 12th January 2024
- 27th Feb 2024
- 28th March 2024
- 23rd May 2024
- 10th June 2024
These dates are provisional and may change. In addition, further webinars and action learning set dates will be announced.
How to apply to be part of the Academy?
The price per participant in the Academy is £2,300 per person. Discounts are also available for early or group bookings as well as participants who have already completed the Commissioning: A 10 step introduction programme. Contact Sarah Johnston email@example.com for more information.