The Virtual National Commissioning Academy 2023/4
New launch date: now beginning 28 November
We are delighted to announce a new Virtual National Commissioning Academy 2023, hosted entirely on line. It is fully accredited by the PSTA (Public Service Transformation Academy) and delivered on behalf of the Cabinet Office and offer an excellent opportunity to transform outcomes for the communities we serve.
Would you like to take part in a commissioning academy but prefer in-person working rather than virtual? Why not check out our In-person commissioning academy instead? For more details, click here.
Would you and your colleagues like to…
- Learn how to initiate and lead change across complex systems through commissioning processes
- Develop individual and organisational capabilities to transform outcomes
- Be part of a national system-wide network of commissioning practitioners
Who should apply?
Participants will be:
- committed to making a difference in key areas
- keen to apply the latest thinking and approaches to realising outcomes – developing a whole system approach, applying trauma informed practices, developing person-centred support
- eager to apply the ideas, assets and energy of all parts of the system
- keen to learn from experts and other participants
- responsible for driving improvements in commissioning for outcomes
- able to take back practical input to your own OPCC challenges
What does the Academy cover?
Academy participants will cover key tools and techniques including:
- Working as a system and system mapping
- Outcomes thinking – translating needs into better outcomes
- Collaborative working activities exploring current real commissioning challenges
Commissioning for outcomes as a system
- Applying systems thinking
- Mobilising assets (asset-based commissioning)
- Creating an outcomes framework
Developing inclusive markets and interventions
- Developing markets
- Trauma-informed practice – building into commissioning activity
- Prevention and early intervention
- Inclusive commissioning and leveraging markets to tackle inequalities
Creating conditions for change
- Systems leadership – your role as a system leader
- Coproduction – using coproduction to rethink service design and delivery
- Promoting innovation and creating social value
- Conditions for system change
What can you expect?
An interactive programme that includes:
- Masterclass workshops (interactive, with input of ideas and frameworks)
- action learning/coaching
- expert speakers/short videos to watch
- peer challenge
- practical action planning on a project or priority you are working on
- membership of a nation-wide alumni
Dates and Details
This academy will feature all of the great content of a commissioning academy but be delivered virtually to minimise travel and disruption to participants. Anchor days will be online and supplemented and built upon by action learning, expert speaker webinars and access to our virtual learning environment.
This will be followed by anchor days on:
- Day One Tuesday 28 November 2023
- Day two Tuesday 9 January 2024
- Day three Tuesday 20 February 2024
- Day four Tuesday 19 March 2024
- Day five Thursday 11 April 2024
Please note that at this stage these dates are provisional and may change. In addition, further webinars and action learning set dates will be announced.
How to apply to be part of the Academy?
The price per participant in the Academy is £2,300 per person. Discounts are also available for early or group bookings as well as participants who have already completed the Commissioning: A 10 step introduction programme. Contact Sarah Johnston firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
N.B. that the dates in the leaflet below for the academy have been amended – the new dates are as above.