Applications now open for the next Commissioning Academy
The Commissioning Academy 2020 will commence early Spring 2020.
As you know, this is a hugely valuable development programme for senior leaders – the Commissioning Academy aims to help those who work on defining policy, shaping public service provision or allocating resources for services to citizens, to get the best outcome. Apply here.
Originally designed and run by the Cabinet Office, a Commissioning Academy now consists of master classes, workshops, guest speakers, site visits and peer challenge run over four full-day sessions spread over months. It concentrates on peer-led learning, dialogue, and practical implementation, and tackles issues including:
- outcome-based commissioning
- whole-systems thinking, bringing all facets of public services together to deal with issues
- working with the voluntary and community sector
- behavioural insights
- market engagement and development
- alternative funding models
- joint commissioning across organisational boundaries
- new models of delivery — such as mutual and joint venture companies
Discounts are available for groups of four or more participants. Since our mission to help drive collaborative systems change, to encourage multi-agency working discounts also apply to groups comprising participants from different organisations with whom you are working and wish to cultivate new relationships and jumpstart initiatives (such a s mix of councils, CCGs, Trusts and police).
If you know colleagues are interested please contact us at email@example.com, or see the Cabinet Office’s guidance here.