Would you like to acquire the insight, know-how and confidence to realise radically better outcomes for citizens and communities?
The Commissioning Academy is designed to give you the tools, techniques and confidence to approach the most challenging issues facing communities in a collaborative, creative and evidence-driven way. To apply for the next Commissioning Academy click here.
Launched by Cabinet Office in 2013, the Commissioning Academy combines the latest and proven practices on leading change across complex systems to enable you to bring to bear the ideas, assets and energy of all parties to realise better outcomes for the people you serve.
Over 1,200 senior decision-makers and practitioners from across sectors have graduated from the Commissioning Academy since 2013, including participants from:
- the Cabinet office, FCO, Home Office, Ministry of Defence, Ministry of Justice, DWP, DCMS, Department of Education and the Department of Health – among others
- most major local authorities as well as CCGs, PCCs and the Police
Each Commissioning Academy takes place over five full days spread over six months comprising masterclasses, expert speakers, a site visit, peer-to-peer challenge and practical action planning to apply commissioning practices to the pressing issues facing each organisation. Subjects covered include:
- outcome-based commissioning
- whole-systems thinking, bringing all facets of public services together to deal with issues
- working with the voluntary and community sector
- behavioural insights
- market engagement and development
- alternative funding models
- joint commissioning across organisational boundaries
- new models of delivery — such as mutual and joint venture companies
See more on commissioning models and descriptions
Upon successful completion participants also benefit from becoming members of the Alumni Network, gaining exclusive free access to up-to ten knowledge events, evening seminars and roundtables each year.
If you’d like to be part of the next Academy please download the application form here. The Academy will take place on the following days:
- 11 October 2018
- 8 November 2018
- 6 December 2018
- 10 January 2019
- 7 February 2019
Places are limited and filling fast so we advise you to apply early. If you’d like to hear more, please feel welcome to email us or call 0203 771 2608.