The Commissioning Academy combines an applied learning programme with ongoing membership of an exclusive knowledge community – the alumni network.
The learning doesn’t stop with the end of the programme – it is the start of a journey involving professional self-development and taking a leadership role in promoting organisational change.
The Alumni Network fosters ongoing mutual support, providing the opportunity to draw on peer-to-peer support from this rich and diverse group of practitioners. The network includes individuals from local and national public organisations from across the UK.
The PSTA supports the Alumni Network in a number of ways:
Knowledge Hub – online resources for each cohort relating to their Commissioning Academy programme
LinkedIn – a Commissioning Academy LinkedIn group to which all alumni are invited
PSTA website – with a focus on sharing leading practice in the field. Alumni network members contribute to this.
The PSTA organises an annual programme of events about cutting edge issues for commissioning, systems leadership and public service transformation. These events are of particular interest to the alumni and often feature what they are doing. They are open to all public service practitioners.
The events provide the alumni opportunity to:
- learn and refresh their knowledge
- re-connect with colleagues from their academy cohort
- network with others who have been through other national and local academies at different times
- meet other professionals working on similar challenges
The PSTA offers the Alumni:
- content that is developed with their needs in mind
- first option to attend PSTA events if places are limited
- discounted rates for PSTA fee-paying events