East of England Transformation Academy
East of England Transformation Academy
Following the success of the East of England Transformation Academies 2018 and 2019 (see testimonials below), and the launch of the East Midlands Transformation Academy 2019, applications are now invited for the East of England Transformation Academy 2020, designed for people who are seeking to improve outcomes for local communities.
Research finds that 70 percent of change initiatives fail to achieve their goals. This action-driven programme has been designed to increase the chances the time and effort you invest in change pays off for you and your community.
The Academy will take place for five days over four months starting in February.
The design has evolved from the East of England Transformation Academy launched collaboratively by the Public Service Transformation Academy, LGA and EELGA in 2018 (see testimonials below), and run again in 2019. Participants benefit from interactive workshops and case studies from leading experts, simulations, role-playing, online learning, videos and action-planning to kick-start change initiatives addressing a priority or pressing issue facing their organisation or community.
Participants will apply the latest thinking and practices from: systems transformation, outcomes thinking, understanding demand and need, asset-led development, local social networks, co-production, co-design, service re-design, behavioural insights, peer-to-peer coaching, understanding digital innovations, using data and evidence, leading across boundaries, and driving change in a political environment. Download the prospectus here.
The East of England Transformation Academy 2020 is designed and delivered by the Public Service Transformation Academy (PSTA), a social enterprise not-for-profit partnership established in 2016 to deliver the Cabinet Office Commissioning Academy and continue the Public Service Transformation Network’s knowledge sharing mission.
We are a not-for-profit partnership comprising charities, social enterprises, professional networks, businesses and universities together with local, heath and civil service bodies. Individual applications are welcome but we also offer discounted places to groups of four or more, multi-agency applications, district councils and VCSE organisations. To express interest in being part of the East of England Transformation Academy 2020, please contact Sarah at Sarah.Johnston@publicservicetransformation.org.
- A great programme that broadens your mind and your thinking about systems. Head of Integration & Partnerships, Essex County Council
- The Academy has been an absolutely wonderful learning opportunity – really enjoyable, interesting and informative. We come away from every event completely inspired and feeling very creative. It has particularly given us food for thought when mentoring our team managers and assisting them with starting new projects off and thinking about the different approaches they could take and the methodologies that they can use. Senior Transformation Managers, North Norfolk and South Norfolk Clinical Commissioning Groups
- The Academy provided much needed time and space to reflect and learn about different and innovative approaches and tools to tackle complex challenges. Most importantly, it enabled us to put what we had learnt into practice and develop a very different kind of project which will have a lasting impact Senior Strategy Advisor, Essex County Council
- An excellent programme, very useful in terms of developing my understanding of systems leadership and transformation. Great to work with such a range of like minded people on systems change. Head of Environmental Services, Tendring District Council
- Well worth committing five days out of your busy diaries. I feel re-energised and have made lots of new contacts as a result. Housing Services Manager, Cambridge City Council
- I have thoroughly enjoyed the Transformation Academy and it has provided some valuable insight, excellent speakers and the opportunity to network with peers. I would highly recommend it. Transformation Manager, Cambridgeshire County Council
- The teaching has been fantastic, the content has been thought-provoking and the networks I have grown will support me to lead change in my place. Communities Group Manager, Colchester Borough Council
- The transformation academy has been an excellent opportunity to explore new ways of thinking and working. It was very well organised and facilitated. A truly well thought and robust programme that would benefit anyone involved in transformation both in local government and health. Senior Transformation Lead for Integrated Care at NHS West Suffolk Clinical Commissioning Group