The PSTA seeks to bring together everything useful for public service transformation, so we list all events, news, and resources which we believe may be useful, alongside our own events and materials. Inclusion signals that we support the espoused purpose of the event or content and believe it is worth looking into, but is not a guarantee of quality.
- This event has passed.
Agile Master in Public Services
September 18, 2018 @ 9:00 am - September 19, 2018 @ 5:00 am
This is the certified course in Agile for Public Services.
Delivering and managing dynamic change in public services is particularly difficult given the risks and sensitivities involved. Planning projects in a linear way using traditional project management approaches often holds organisations back from learning and refining their changes quickly in a disciplined environment.
So how can public service organisations deliver the change that is constantly evolving?
Agile is an alternative to the traditional (waterfall) project management approach. Agile has been used for over a decade in innovative sectors like information technology. We have tried, tested, and improved this approach with public service, and adapted this project management approach to develop our accredited course.
You will learn how to embrace the complexity of today’s public sector environment, and take on your next transformation challenge with a proven, fresh approach.
This two-day accredited training course introduces attendees to a different approach in delivering and managing change within the public sector. As an attendee in this course, you will learn:
- The meaning of agile, its ideas and principles.
- How the combination of agile and lean can work in practice.
- Tools and techniques from iteration to prototypes.
- How to use agile for service prototyping.
- The roles and specific methods like SCRUM
- The use of Agile in gaining real engagement and co-design of stakeholders
- How this is applied in practical public sector cases
- How to use these techniques – by practice during the course
We believe in highly experiential and interactive learning. For example, this training programme will be run as an agile project in which participants takes different roles.
To receive the accreditation, after the course, participants can do an online test. It is accredited by the Public Service Transformation Academy (PSTA). Basis (a RedQuadrant company) runs the Service Transformation Programme that this is part of.
If you have andy questions about the course, please email email@example.com
- ‘An eye-opener – a new way for effective project delivery
- ‘I really enjoyed using an agile approach in the delivery of training as an example.’
- ‘It taught me how to make changes and receive feedback early on and not wait until everything is finished in order to receive feedback’
- ‘Brilliant – a session about agile, run in an agile way’
- ’I’m immediately incorporating it in my current project’
- ‘This moved me out of my comfort zone into agile project management. I can now confidently add this to my day to day practice.’
Based on his experience, research, programme design and delivery, he is a recognised organisational change expert. Dennis has a passion for enabling transformational change that sticks, turning ideas into effective practice and behaviours. He holds an MSc in this field (Oxford – distinction) and belongs to an international network of reflective change practitioners – www.thechangeleaders.com. Although he is originally from Holland, since 2004, most of his work has been within the British public sector. His experience also includes (before 2002) strategy and change work for a rather diverse (read: odd) variety of clients such as Belgium Government, Norsk Hydro, Motorola, Novartis and Lloyds TSB. His very first (proper job) was with The Hague council as a youth worker.
Matt Barnaby, started his career in local authorities as a youth worker and recognised the value of ongoing learning and real engagement. After joining a consulting firm to work with private sector clients he then become part of RedQuadrant/Basis to specialise in service transformation. His energy, passion, and expert facilitation techniques allow him to support sustainable change in the most difficult situations. Matt is a certified and practicing Agile ScrumMaster.
- September 18, 2018 @ 9:00 am
- September 19, 2018 @ 5:00 am
- View Organiser Website
- Red Quadrant
27-29 S Lambeth Rd
London, SW8 1SZ + Google Map