The PSTA seeks to bring together everything useful for public service transformation, so we list all events, news, and resources which we believe may be useful, alongside our own events and materials. Inclusion signals that we support the espoused purpose of the event or content and believe it is worth looking into, but is not a guarantee of quality.
- This event has passed.
Asset-Based Community Development Workshop
November 7, 2019 @ 10:00 am - November 8, 2019 @ 4:00 pm
A two-day workshop from Nurture Development for Asset Based Community Development enthusiasts in the Greater London Area and to those working in VCSEs throughout the UK.
This workshop will:
- Give you an understanding of the history of ABCD, relating it to your experience of community development.
- Explain the 5 guiding principles of ABCD in both theory and practice.
- Identify the 6 building blocks or assets of community building, exploring how these can be identified, connected and mobilised in the neighbourhood context.
- Share the 8 touch stones of community building, offering stories and examples of their application.
- Identify the ABCD Tools for Change: e.g. Learning Conversations & Asset Mapping.
- Involve you in activities and exercises that you can then use in practice where you live and/or work.
- Use stories and case studies of ABCD in action from our Learning Sites, in the UK and around the world, to highlight effective practice.
Tickets £200. Booking is via Eventbrite
- November 7, 2019 @ 10:00 am
- November 8, 2019 @ 4:00 pm
- Nurture Development
- View Organiser Website
- Croydon Voluntary Action
82 London Road
Croydon, CR0 2TB United Kingdom + Google Map