The PSTA seeks to bring together everything useful for public service transformation, so we list all events, news, and resources which we believe may be useful, alongside our own events and materials. Inclusion signals that we support the espoused purpose of the event or content and believe it is worth looking into, but is not a guarantee of quality.
- This event has passed.
“Making Change Happen”: Wigan Council’s second Deal Conference
October 17, 2018 @ 9:00 am - 4:30 pm
On 17th October 2018 Wigan Council, in conjunction with Wigan Borough CCG and Incredible Edible North West, will be hosting their second Deal Conference focussing on the theme of ‘Making Change Happen.’ The event will consist of a number of keynote speakers which will be complemented by a series of interactive and informative workshops. Tickets are now available for this event, at a cost of £125 per delegate.
The King’s Fund leadership and organisational development expert Durka Dougall will explain how The Deal principles can be applied in a health setting and Wigan Council’s chief executive Donna Hall CBE will talk about how The Deal has saved money while transforming communities. Incredible Edible’s Pam Warhurst will also talk about the power of plants being harnessed into action by people. There will also be sessions on taking a people-centred approach, engaging staff to work differently and effective place-based working with partners among others. To find out more from Donna Hall about some of the exciting things they are planning for the day, please watch this brief video.
- The Deal – a culture change revolution
- The Incredible Edible movement
- The role of health, education and the wider public sector in shaping the reform of public services
- An insight from Wigan’s vibrant community sector
- The Deal for your Street Experience; an interactive introduction to our innovative staff engagement project that supports Wigan’s vision of safe, clean and green communities.
- The recipe for achieving whole system, place based integration
- Community Book session; focussing on Wigan’s digital solution to support the development of community and voluntary engagement.
Book now to secure a place at this exciting conference.
- October 17, 2018
9:00 am - 4:30 pm
- Event Category:
- Event Tags:
- Community, Cultural change, Digital
- Wigan Council
- The Edge Conferencing
Wigan, WN3 5AB United Kingdom + Google Map