The PSTA seeks to bring together everything useful for public service transformation, so we list all events, news, and resources which we believe may be useful, alongside our own events and materials. Inclusion signals that we support the espoused purpose of the event or content and believe it is worth looking into, but is not a guarantee of quality.
Maximising public sector opportunities
January 16, 2020 @ 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
16 Jan 2020, £125.00+VAT
Engaging in public sector procurement can open doors to a vast array of new, exciting and profitable business opportunities for your organisation. However, whilst the opportunities for bidders may be many so too are the potential pitfalls in navigating the various procurement processes.
For the majority of contracts awarded by public sector bodies some form of competitive tendering process will have taken place. The world of public procurement is subject to an array of regulatory regimes and understanding the obligations on public authorities and the different processes is key to maximizing those opportunities.
This all day workshop is designed to give you the confidence to understand the lifecycle of procurement processes and how to leverage as much benefit as you can from each stage, whilst protecting your position. The workshop will also look at:
- how you should engage with contracting authorities to ensure that opportunities are understood and your bid grows from a point of knowledge
- how to deal with and respond to opportunities where key data is absent whilst protecting your commercial positon
- how to manage variant bid processes
- the levers you can use, from a legal perspective, to derive the maximum benefit from dialogue processes
- when in doubt, the legal routes available to you to protect your interests.
This full day course is based around an interactive case study giving delegates the chance to analyse the issues from different perspectives and talk tactics. The workshop is led by our specialist procurement team who provide advice to bidding organisations and contractors supporting the bid process and bidders across all sectors of the public procurement landscape.
- January 16, 2020
10:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Browne Jacobson, 6 Bevis Marks, London EC3A 7BA