The PSTA seeks to bring together everything useful for public service transformation, so we list all events, news, and resources which we believe may be useful, alongside our own events and materials. Inclusion signals that we support the espoused purpose of the event or content and believe it is worth looking into, but is not a guarantee of quality.
- This event has passed.
Seminar on Integration of Services between NHS England and the Police and Crime Commissioner for Avon and Somerset
November 26, 2018 @ 4:30 pm - 7:00 pm
Achieving economies of scale through shared activity and simplified structures results in more available frontline resources across a wider area.
This free seminar, provided by the Academy of Social Justice Commissioning, will take place on 26th November 2018. It will describe the innovation, planning, implementation and future opportunities for the integrated commissioning of Drug and Alcohol Arrest Referral and Liaison and Diversion services in Avon and Somerset. This is the first co-commissioning of these types of services outside of a devolution area (Manchester), and as such has attracted national attention. Commissioners will share their perspective and discuss how lived experience has been central to development, procurement and quality assurance of the service. Key areas to be explored will include:
- agreeing a commissioning plan joint specification;
- key points and lessons learnt with procurement and mobilisation;
- innovation in peer support and female specific pathways; and
- expansion of traditional custody activity into courts and the community.
Speakers will then share some opportunities for the future using the new infrastructure. Featured speakers will include:
- Cliff Hoyle — Health and Justice Commissioning, Mental Health (NHS England South)
- Marc Hole — Head of Commissioning & Partnerships (Office of the Avon and Somerset PCC)
- plus Avon and Wiltshire Mental Health Partnership NHS Trust
The event will take place at Burges Salmon in Bristol, and begins at 16:30 with a networking reception; the seminar and Q&A will begin at 17:00, with further opportunities for networking between !8:30 and 19:00.
- November 26, 2018
4:30 pm - 7:00 pm
- Event Category:
- Academy for Social Justice Commissioning
- Burges Salmon
1 Glass Wharf
Bristol, BS2 0ZX United Kingdom + Google Map