South West England Transformation Academy
South West Transformation Academy
Research finds that 70 percent of change initiatives fail to achieve their goals. This action-orientated programme has been designed to increase the chances the time and effort you invest in change pays off for you and your community.
The Academy will take place for five days over four months starting late November, and and be hosted in Taunton.
The design is based on the East of England Transformation Academy launched collaboratively by the Public Service Transformation Academy, LGA and EELGA in 2018 (see testimonials below). Participants benefit from interactive workshops and case studies from leading experts, simulations, role-playing, online learning, videos and action-planning to kick-start change initiatives addressing a priority or pressing issue facing their organisation or community.
Participants will apply the latest thinking and practices relating to: systems transformation, outcomes thinking, understanding demand and need, asset-led development, local social networks, co-production, co-design, service re-design, behavioural insights, peer-to-peer coaching, understanding digital innovations, using data and evidence, leading across boundaries, and driving change in a political environment.
The South West Transformation Academy is designed and delivered by the Public Service Transformation Academy (PSTA), a social enterprise not-for-profit partnership established in 2016 to deliver the Cabinet Office Commissioning Academy and continue the Public Service Transformation Network’s knowledge sharing mission. We are a not-for-profit partnership comprising charities, social enterprises, professional networks, businesses and universities together with local, heath and civil service bodies.
We are a social enterprise and not-for-profit partnership, and offer discounted places to groups of four or more, multi-agency applications, district councils and VCSE organisations. To express interest in being part of the South West Trnsformation Academy, please contact Paul on 07979 096412 or paul@
- A great programme that broadens your mind and your thinking about systems. Head of Integration & Partnerships, Essex County Council
- The Academy has been an absolutely wonderful learning opportunity – really enjoyable, interesting and informative. We come away from every event completely inspired and feeling very creative. It has particularly given us food for thought when mentoring our team managers and assisting them with starting new projects off and thinking about the different approaches they could take and the methodologies that they can use. Senior Transformation Managers, North Norfolk and South Norfolk Clinical Commissioning Groups
- The Academy provided much needed time and space to reflect and learn about different and innovative approaches and tools to tackle complex challenges. Most importantly, it enabled us to put what we had learnt into practice and develop a very different kind of project which will have a lasting impact Senior Strategy Advisor, Essex County Council
- An excellent programme, very useful in terms of developing my understanding of systems leadership and transformation. Great to work with such a range of like minded people on systems change. Head of Environmental Services, Tendring District Council
- Well worth committing five days out of your busy diaries. I feel re-energised and have made lots of new contacts as a result. Housing Services Manager, Cambridge City Council
- I have thoroughly enjoyed the Transformation Academy and it has provided some valuable insight, excellent speakers and the opportunity to network with peers. I would highly recommend it. Transformation Manager, Cambridgeshire County Council
- The teaching has been fantastic, the content has been thought-provoking and the networks I have grown will support me to lead change in my place. Communities Group Manager, Colchester Borough Council
- The transformation academy has been an excellent opportunity to explore new ways of thinking and working. It was very well organised and facilitated. A truly well thought and robust programme that would benefit anyone involved in transformation both in local government and health. Senior Transformation Lead for Integrated Care at NHS West Suffolk Clinical Commissioning Group